FAQ & T&C’s
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is a disability?
Answer: A disability is an impairment that may be physical, cognitive, intellectual, mental, sensory, developmental, or some combination of these that results in restrictions on an individual’s ability to participate in what is considered “normal” in their everyday society. It may be present from birth or occur during a person’s lifetime.
Question: What percentage of South Africa has a disability?
Answer: According to a 2014 report by Statistics South Africa, 7.5% of the country’s population is regarded as having a disability.
- This site and its contents is there to assist people and families living with Impairments or disabilities, to make their lives slightly easier.
- This site is not there to make money, but due to the amount of work involved, there is a need for the site to generate an income to help with the development and maintenance of the site. We therefore offer companies the opportunity to advertise on the site and appreciate any donations.
- This site is for information purposes and does not take the place of medical experts like Doctors.
- This site is for information purposes and we do not favor or recommend any of the companies or service providers that are listed.
- We are therefore not responsible for any problems you may have with the companies or service providers that are listed.
- The contact details and information was correct at the time that the site was developed, if you or your company changes information, please inform us.
- We will make every effort to make sure that the companies listed are still operating, if you are aware of any that are no longer operating, please inform us.