Information Desk (Info Desk)
To view the suppliers & products available in your area, click the button to the right.
Contents: To jump to the topic you would like, click on the links below
Disability Info South Africa NPC (DISA), offers a “Free One - Stop Information Service” that was developed for Persons with Disabilities and their families in South Africa, whom are looking for information that can help them to be better equipped to face the challenges of their circumstances and any related barriers presented by society.
Our Vision is to cement our position as the Go-To Information Portal for all things pertaining to Persons with Disabilities in South Africa and to break all barriers to equal rights and access to essential needs. "Unlock The Shackles Of Your Disability Using The Key Of Knowledge" embodies our belief that knowledge is power and that, with the correct information at our fingertips we can unite and strive for a better Accessible South Africa free of discrimination and barriers.
DISA currently consists of 4 Pillars which assist us to reach our objectives to Inform, Identify, Address and Empower persons with disabilities, so as to remove the inequalities, discrimination and barriers that many persons with disabilities face on a daily bases. With the development of our "Four Pillars" of DiSA, we aim to Inform, Identify, Address and Empower persons with disabilities, so as to remove the inequalities, discrimination and barriers that many persons with disabilities still face on a daily bases.
DiSA is able to Inform - People of their rights and how to assist them via our:
- ‘Info Desk’ which provides relevant and up to date information via our:
- Website, Search Facility and Telephone, Email Facebook & WhatsApp enquiry desk.
- Our ‘Information Desk’ provides relevant and up to date information via our Website, Search Facility and enquiry desk (Telephone, Email, WhatsApp, Facebook.)
- The Information Web Site supplies information about different disabilities, covering a number of topics, including but not limited to Assistive Devices; Sports; Hobbies; Organizations; Government Grants; Accessible Features; Self Help Centers; Transport Services; Service Dogs; Looking for a Job and Tax Deductions and Accessible Travel, etc.
- Search Facilities: Our Info Desk also include 6 Different Search Facilities which are available on the DISA web site to make it easier to search for:
- Suppliers of Products
- Suppliers of Services
- Accessible Sports Clubs
- Health Care Facilities
- Accessible Educational Facilities
The Organizations, Sports Clubs, Facilities and Companies associated with accessible environments, services, products and information are listed with their contact details and a link to their web site or Facebook page.
A free Telephone and E-mail Service, whereby you can contact us for information if you cannot find what you are looking for on the DISA website. Please feel free to contact us on the contact details provided on the “Contact Us” page and we will research the question and contact you back to put you in contact with the relevant parties.
Types of assistive listening devices