Contents: To jump to the topic you would like, click on the links below
Who We Are
”Disability info South Africa” which has been developed as a “Free Service” for “Persons With Disabilities” in South Africa, who are looking for information that can help them. ”Disability info South Africa” is a “One Stop Information Service “ which provides information for and about the disabilities that fall under the 4 main Disability groups in South Africa, which include Persons with: Mobility Impairments; Hearing Impairments; Visual Impairments & Intellectual Impairments.
DiSA assists with enquiries via email but may need to send or copy your details and enquiry to various other organizations, companies or government departments, that we sometimes consult, so that we can help you in the best way possible. If you have any objection to us sharing your query or contact details, please notify us in your email. We will only share your information to assist you and will never sell or use your personal information for any other purposes.
DiSA waivers any liability for what happens if information is shared or used for marketing or other purposes by other organisations who do have consent to view such information.
By contacting us or completing and filling out any of our contact forms and submitting it, you have agreed to our policy whereby we will collect your information and store it to be able to assist you with your inquiry. Please note that we may need to share your information with the relevant parties that may be able to assist with your enquiry. If you do not agree to us storing or sharing your information, please do not submit a Contact Form or via email, but rather contact us over the phone.
Terms and Conditions
- This site and its contents is there to assist people and families living with Impairments or disabilities, to make their lives slightly easier.
- This site is not there to make money, but due to the amount of work involved, there is a need for the site to generate an income to help with the development and maintenance of the site. We therefore offer companies the opportunity to advertise on the site and appreciate any donations.
- This site is for information purposes and does not take the place of medical experts like Doctors.
- This site is for information purposes and we do not favor or recommend any of the companies or service providers that are listed.
- We are therefore not responsible for any problems you may have with the companies or service providers that are listed.
- The contact details and information was correct at the time that the site was developed, if you or your company changes information, please inform us.
- We will make every effort to make sure that the companies listed are still operating, if you are aware of any that are no longer operating, please inform us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is a disability?
Answer: A disability is an impairment that may be physical, cognitive, intellectual, mental, sensory, developmental, or some combination of these that results in restrictions on an individual’s ability to participate in what is considered “normal” in their everyday society. It may be present from birth or occur during a person’s lifetime.
Question: What percentage of South Africa has a disability?
Answer: According to a 2014 report by Statistics South Africa, 7.5% of the country’s population is regarded as having a disability.